- 譜號(CLEF)在五線譜的開頭，可以告知在譜上的某一條線或空間是那個音符。譜號有高音譜號 (Treble)、中音譜號 (Bass)、低音譜號 (Alto)。
- 小節線 = (BAR LINE) | 4/ 4 = 每個小節內有四個節拍、3/ 4 = 每個小節內有三個節拍。下方的數字 是指出用什麼音符作為基本單位，這裡的”4“是指用四分音符為基本單位。這些數字是拍號 (TIME SIGNATURE)。
Good news for English Guzheng players. I’m very interested in learning more about music theory recently. In the past, I knew nothing about music theory, and I always hated my music lessons in secondary school. Since I have started learning Guzheng, I realized that music theory is my bigger obstacle to make improvement. Thanks to the Internet, there’s a lot of information available. However, sometimes it can be very overwhelming because there is soooooooooo much information available online. This morning I came across a very interesting and useful, short videos. It is in English with Chinese subtitles. I hope you will enjoy it 🙂
- “Notes” are the basic elements in staff, such as quarter notes, eighth notes…etc.
- The up and down axis of a staff tells us the pitch, while the left and right tells us the rhythm.
- At the beginning of a staff, it often has a clef. It tells us which notes each line and space should have. There are different types of clef, such as Treble, Bass and Alto.
- Beat is something very dull when used alone. It is simply like the da, da, da…. repeated sound when using a metronome. The frequency never chances; each second has the same sound.
- Rhythm helps add life to Beat. It uses different types of notes to create rhythm and add variety to create music.
- At the beginning of a staff, it usually shows something like 4/4, 2/4, 3/4…etc. The upper number shows the number of beats in each bar. The lower number shows what type of notes is used as the basic measurement unit. So, if the bottom number is 4, it means the staff uses quarter notes as the basic measurement unit; if the bottom number if 8, it means the staff uses eighth notes as the basic measurement unit. These numbers are used and called Time Signature.
If you are interested in learning more about music theory but don’t know where to start, please visit my blog for the Dummies series.